Hold on to your hats folks… the Beta train is getting ready to move to the next station!
CRB_Sunshine revealed this afternoon, that Phase 1 is coming to an end (so, hurry up and spend all the funny money you’ve got on the PTR!), and that phase 2 (like the end of this way too hot summer) is upon us!
Well.. technically.. Phase 2 is starting way sooner than these way too hot days are coming to an end. I know this..because CRB_Sunshine says Phase 2 is coming Thursday, September 3rd, and the forecast is still calling for 90 degree plus days…
What’s so important about Phase 2 you might ask? Well, aside from being one step closer to being done with Beta… it marks a change in how some of the PTR testing will be done, specifically with regards to NCoin.
Here’s Ms. Sunshine’s post:
Phase I brought us an extraordinary amount of information, all of which we couldn’t have gotten without your feedback and support, but we need more testing help.
On 9/2 at 10am PDT we’ll be bringing the test server down and starting to move into the second phase of closed beta, which is a very long process, as you’ll read below. Our plan is to then bring the test server back online at approximately 1am PDT on 9/3 – that’s 15 hours of downtime total but could be more or less depending on how the process goes.
For us, the purpose of Phase II is to focus all testing on the financial aspects of free-to-play, and we’ll be asking players to spend real money to purchase NCoin.
- Every bundle of NCoin purchased will create an equivalent amount of PTR NCoin available to your PTR characters for use in testing.
- Your real NCoin will not be touched by any purchases in closed beta; it’ll be placed onto your NC account to spend on live products (such as Aion and Lineage) or for WildStar when we launch free-to-play.
- Purchases made with PTR NCoin in closed beta will NOT transfer back to live realms. If you get something great from Madame Fay, you don’t get to keep it, and will just have to hope you get lucky again when you spend your NCoin for real after launch.
Our goal is to make Phase II the closest to what the live game will look like once we launch free-to-play as possible.
There are some important details when we move to Phase II that we think you should know:
- All characters, store purchases, and Omnibits from Phase I will be wiped.
- All freely granted PTR NCoin currency on the test server will be wiped.
- Cosmic Points will be wiped and recalculated to include past purchases and subscription history for your account.
- All accounts with active paid game time will have that remaining time copied to the closed beta and provide Signature bonuses. This means that if an account has 10 days remaining of subscription time at the beginning of closed beta Phase II, then the account will have 10 days of Signature during Phase II. Upon expiration of that time, the account will revert to non-Signature status.
- This is a one-time mirroring of game time right when Phase II begins. If you subscribe after Phase II begins it will not transfer over to closed beta.
- Players will earn Cosmic Points when purchasing NCoin bundles from Phase II and onward. Players can purchase NCoin bundles in two ways:
- Via the Transaction page in Account Management
- Via the NCoin section on the in-game store. In order to use this purchase method you must have:
- A stored payment method on your account (excluding PayPal)
- 2-Step Verification enabled on your account
We’re really pleased with all of the feedback that we’ve been getting thus far. Thank you so much for all of your help and attention while testing.
Now.. the next question you have is… “If I spend my hard earned money on NCoin now, to test the PTR store… do I lose my money?” The answer is No.. and… CRB_Bardic, was nice enough to put a diagram together to show this:
— Jen Ortiz (@Bardic_) August 27, 2015
So, if you buy now (err..now being after phase 2 officially starts).. you’ll get NCoin on the PTR to test with…and, the same amount will be waiting in your WildStar Wallet (Carbine Coinpurse?) for you to use after the F2P transition takes place.. plus.. bonus Cosmicness can be yours as well!
It also means you should kiss your beta characters good bye when you log off today or tomorrow.. because they’re going to be deleted..along with all that free Platinum you got off the boost NPCs!
This is also the last chance to subscribe to WildStar (the live version), to get yourself Signature status on the PTR version, since one last database copy will happen as part of this process… And if you haven’t signed up for Beta yet.. there’s still time! Go here and sign up now!